99 Names of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
Asma-e-Muhammad (PBUH), Collection of 99 Names of Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) with English translation and meaning of each name.
- 1MuhammadHighly Praisedمُحَمَّدٌ
- 2AhmadThe Most Commendableأَحْمَدٌ
- 5QaasimThe father of Qasimقَاسِمٌ
- 6AqibThe Latestعَاقِبٌ
- 7FaatehThe Victorفَاتِحٌ
- 8ShahidThe Witnessشَاهِدٌ
- 9HashirThe Awakener, The Gathererحَاشِرٌ
- 10RasheedThe Guideرَشِیدٌ
- 11MashhoodHe who is witnessedمَشهُودٌ
- 12BasheerThe Messenger of Good Newsبَشِیرٌ
- 14DaiThe Callerدَاعٍ
- 16HaadThe Leaderھَادٍ
- 17MahdThe Guided Oneمَھدٍ
- 18MaahThe obliterator of Infidelityمَاحٍ
- 19MunjiHe who saves deliversمُنجٍ
- 24TihamiFrom the Tihamaتِهَامِىٌ
- 25HashamiFamily of Hashimهَاشَمِىٌ
- 26AbtahiBelonging to al-Bathaاَبطَحِىٌ
- 27AzizNobel, Dearعَزِيزٌ
- 28Haris AlaikumFull of concern for youحَرِيصٌ عَلَيكُم
- 31TahaSurah 20:1طٰهٰ
- 33TasinSurah 27:1طٰسٓ
- 35Ha-mimBiginnig of surat 40:46حٰمٓ
- 37Ya-sinSura 36:1يٰسٓ
- 38AulaWorthier, most worthyاَولىٰ
- 43MusaddiqWho declares for trueمُصَدِّقٌ
- 46MansoorHelped (by God)مَنصُورٌ
- 48AmirPrince, commanderاٰمِرٌ
- 49HijaziFrom the hijazحِجَازِىٌ
- 50NazaariOf nazarethنَزَارِىٌ
- 51QuraishiFrom the Clan quraishقُرَیشِی
- 52MudariFrom the trib mudarمُضَرِىٌ
- 53Nabi-at-taubaThe Prophet of Repentanceنَبِیُّ التَّوبَۃ
- 58AbdullahGod's servantعَبدُاللّٰه
- 59Kalim AllahHe to whom God has Talkedكَلِيمُ اللّٰه
- 60Habib AllahGod's beloved friendحَبِیبُ اللہ
- 61Naji AllahGod's Intimate friendنَجِیُّ اللہ
- 62Safi AllahGod's sincere friendصَفِیُّ اللہ
- 63Khatam Ul-AnbiaSeal of the Prophetخَاتِمُ الانَبِيآء
- 65MujibComping, Relyingمُجِيبٌ
- 66ShakoorMost gratefulشَكُورٌ
- 67MuqtasidAdopting a middle courseمُقتَصِدٌ
- 68Rasul al-rahmahTHe Messenger of mercyرَسُولُ الرَّحمَةِ
- 76AwwalThe Firstاَوَّلٌ
- 82HakimWise, Judiciousحَكِيمٌ
- 86MuharramForbiden, Immuneمُحَرَّمٌ
- 87MukarramHonored, Veneratedمُكَرَّمٌ
- 88MubashshirBringer of Good Newsمُبَشِرٌ
- 89MudakirRemember, Preacherمُزَكِّرٌ
- 92KhalilGood Friendخَلِيلٌ
- 93Mad'uWho Is Calledمَدعُوٌ
- 94JawwadGenerous, Magnanimousجَوَّادٌ
- 98ShaheedWitenessing, Martyrشَھِید
- 99Rasul al-malahimThe Messenger of the Battles of Last Dayرَسُولُ المَلاَحِم
Frequently Asked Questions: 1: Can we use any of the names of Holy Prophet for our kids?
Yes, you can any names for the kids of our Holy Prophet PBUH. 2: What is the one actual name of the Holy Prophet PBUH?
The one name that is used for him is Muhammad even though He has 99 names. 3: What is the most commonly used name of all the 99 names?
Two names that are used the most out of all the 99 names are Muhammad and Ahmad. 4: What is the meaning of the name Hamid?
The meaning of the name Hamid is Praiser. This is also one of the Holy Prophets name. 5: What are some names of Prophet that we cannot use?
The name Ya’ala, Aflah, and Nafi should not be used. 6: Are there specific guidelines in Islam for naming children?
In Islam, names should have good meanings and be free from any negative connotations. Names should not be associated with idolatry, polytheism, or sinful behavior. It is also encouraged to choose names that reflect faith, virtue, and piety. 7: Can parents name their children any name they like?
While parents have flexibility in choosing names for their children, it is advised to consider names that are in line with Islamic values and have positive meanings. 8: Is there a tradition of using family names in Islamic naming practices?
Unlike some Western naming practices, Islamic names typically do not include family surnames. Children are commonly named with a first name followed by the father's name (e.g., Muhammad ibn Ahmed) or the mother's name (e.g., Fatimah bint Ali). 9: Can names from other cultures or languages be used for Muslim children?
Names from other cultures or languages can be used as long as they have appropriate meanings and do not conflict with Islamic principles. 10: Is it permissible to change one's name as a Muslim?
Yes, it is permissible to change one's name if the current name has a negative meaning or is associated with something contrary to Islamic values. However, changing one's name should not be done frivolously.
These FAQs provide some guidance on naming practices related to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and children in Islamic culture. Naming children is a significant and meaningful tradition in Islam, and parents often choose names that reflect their faith and values.
Names From Quran
Get unique names with meanings from Qur'an. We extracted baby boys and girls names from Qur'an. You can choose better name from the names which are mentioned in Qur'an. Names in Qur'an
Being muslim we know that one of the most important personalities in our life is the Holy Prophet PBUH. He has been sent to the Ummah for guidance and He is known for all the amazing Qualities that He was sent with.
Being a Muslim you would know the impact He has on our lives but even those who are non-muslims know about His importance and they also tend to follow in his footsteps because they are not just for the Muslims but the whole world.
The Holy Prophet PBUH is the last messenger of Allah Tala and He was sent for the betterment of humanity. He was one of the most loved Prophets of Allah and that is why with the 99 names of Allah will find the 99 names of the Holy Prophet. We use Sallalahu Alaihe Wasalam His name and we use PBUH in English with this name.
We are now going to mention all the 99 names of the Holy Prophet PBUH so that you know what names them can you choose for your kids and know all the meanings along with them too. This is a Nabi name list all the guidance and information.